Looking for a great salad for that next BBQ with friends – try the two recipes below for great tasting vegetarian pasta salad.
Awesome Vegetarian Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is easy to make and can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. This dish is great for BBQs and can be served with or without meat. Recipe serves 8 people.
60g of Snow Peas, cut into pieces
2 Carrots, Shredded
1/2 Cup of frozen sweet corn
1/2 Cup of frozen peas
2 Broccoli cut into small floret’s
6 Green shallots, chopped
500g of penne pasta
1/2 to 1 cup of honey soy mayonnaise
3 Tbsp reduced fat sour cream
1 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp McCormick’s ‘Season All’ Seasoning
1 Tbsp Lemon rind
1 pinch of salt
1. In a small sauce pan bring some water up to the boil and add the broccoli florets. After about 4 minutes of cooking add the frozen peas, corn and then the snow peas. Allow to boil for a further 4 minutes and then strain under cold water.
2. In a separate saucepan boil the pasta until cooked
3. In a large bowl mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon rind, seasoning and the salt.
4. Combine all the other ingredients and mix until combined
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Yummy Vegetarian Pasta Salad
This is another great dish to eat during the hot summer months and a great dish to take to a BBQ. This recipe makes enough for 4 serves.
400g of Spiral Pasta
1 corn on the cob, with husk and silk removed
250g of fresh peas, shelled
2 tsp of olive oil
250g cherry tomatoes, chopped
160g fire roasted marinated red pepper strips, drained
2 Celery sticks, sliced
1 and 1/3 cup of fresh basil leaves
Black Pepper ground
6 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 tbs white wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp water
300g packet silken tofu, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C. In a large saucepan boil some water and add the pasta with a small pinch of salt. Follow the packet directions for cooking the pasta. Drain the pasta in cold running water and place in a large bowl.
2. While cooking the pasta use this time to make the basil and garlic mayonnaise. Make a small cut in each of the cloves of garlic and place on a baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove the garlic from the oven and set aside to cool. Peel the garlic and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the basil, vinegar, mustard, oil and water and blend until smooth. Gradually add the chopped tofu until combined then season with salt and pepper.
3. Use a small sharp knife to cut down the length of the corn cob and remove the kernels. Heat oil in a medium saucepan and add corn and peas. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until tender.
4. Add corn mixture to the pasta as well as the tomatoes, pepper strips, celery and basil. Add the mayonnaise and toss to combine. Serve immediately.