This vegetarian macaroni and cheese casserole is great for both adults and kids alike. The recipe is easy to make and there are plenty of other ingredients that you can include to change it up a bit. This is suitable for a quick meal on any night of the week and it serves 4.
1/2 Cup of Nutritional Yeast
1/3 Cup of Flour
1 Cup of Vegetable Broth
1 1/2 Cups of Water
1 1/2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp Paprika
1/4 Tsp Dried Basil
1/4 Tsp Oregano
1 Tin of can tomato sauce
2 Cups of Macaroni which has been cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine the nutritional yeast and the flour in a saucepan. Place the mixture over a low heat, stirring until lightly toasted. Slowly add the broth, stirring to make a thick batter.
3. Add the water a 1/4 of a cup at a time until the sauce is smooth and slightly thick. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the macaroni and stir well.
4. Place the cooked macaroni in a casserole dish and stir in the sauce
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the sauce bubbles
6. Take out of oven and serve immediately